Aymeric Augustin
<aymeric.augus...@polytechnique.org>
writes:

> GitHub doesn't require creating a new account, since anyone interested
> in contributing to Django should have a GitHub account already to
> submit pull requests.

This seems to be a common assumption, but it's not true — unless you
only count VCS contributions.

Are we not talking about contributors to Django's Trac instance, though?
There is currently no need to have a GitHub account to contribute there,
and you're proposing to require that.

> But don't ask me to keep deleting spam manually.

I don't want that to continue. I also don't want these two issues to be
tied together.

--
 \     “Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our |
  `\   inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter |

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/85a97fap9o.fsf%40benfinney.id.au.