On Mon, Sep 8, 2014, Benjamin Scherrey <proteus...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I thought I made my objections pretty clear in my original email but I'll
>attempt to be more pedantic about it now. The specific language in the PR
>86 is:
>
>"In addition, violations of this code outside these spaces may affect a
>person's ability to participate within them." for both faq.html and
>index.html.
>
>I disagree with your assertion "that only makes explicit something that was
>already the case" because that's a) not how I read it and b) completely
>impossible to reasonably enforce or expect.

I can assure you that if we became aware of someone's problematic behaviour
then depending on the behaviour we could do anything from keeping a careful eye
on the individual to - in extreme cases - banning them from participation.

"Violations of this code outside these spaces may affect a person's ability to
participate within them" is correct. It doesn't mean that action will be taken,
but that it may be.

That's already the case. If a known harrasser subscribes starts posting to one
of our email lists, we might have a quiet word with them, just for example.

>I hope that what is occurring is
>simply a matter of "I don't think it means what you think it means" but
>what you're really saying here is that all people on this planet must
>comply with our "code of conduct" at all times in all places or risk being
>removed from our community - right after, mind you ironically, claiming to
>support an encourage the participation of all individuals.

Being removed from the community would be the last, not the first, course of
action.

>So what is this
>code of conduct that we're imposing on all of humanity for the salvation of
>the world?

You've had your points answered twice already, politely both times. If you want
to make sarcastic remarks for your own amusement, don't expect any more replies.

Daniele

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/20140908115639.2110009050%40mail.wservices.ch.