Hi Christian,

On 03/26/2015 05:11 PM, Christian Hammond wrote:
> I know you guys are still sorting out how you want to run this, but I
> wanted to let you know that, given our current dependence on Python 2.6,
> I'm willing to do what's needed to maintain security backports for
> either an official or unofficial fork.
>
> I'd love to know some further thoughts on the logistics for this. Things
> like how versioning would work, what you'd need from me, what kind of
> timeframes we'd have to work with, any legalese needed to be notified of
> security issues, etc.

Tim pointed you to the details for requesting security pre-notification.
We pre-notify a week in advance, so that's the timeframe you'd have
available to get a patch (or patches) prepped to apply to your fork.
Obviously we'd expect that you wouldn't push any patches to a public
fork until the embargo ends with our release announcement; you could
manage that by simply staging patches on a local machine, or by
coordinating patches during the embargo in a private GitHub repo.

Carl

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/5515850C.2090307%40oddbird.net.