I'm not sure that would be a wise move - for people who don't keep up with
deprecation warnings but otherwise move one version at a time it would make
upgrading from an LTS to the following release 3 times harder than normal,
encouraging stagnation. This also affects third party applications who will
have similar problems.

Marc

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/CAMwjO1HbBcZUddv8pNXXR%3DMz3S2vEHOK990yKqhCGzQ7Tb5XSA%40mail.gmail.com.