Had discussions on an idea during DjangoCon Europe that I thought I'd just
throw out there on this list as well:

What if the Django project provided free hosting for small projects, so
that any newcomer who went through the tutorial or similar could actually
deploy their application somewhere in as few steps as possible, a
mini-Heroku of sorts. I think it could be of immense value for someone who
built their first thing to show it to their friends without having to delve
deep into devops. This could be coupled with easy instructions on how to
move that application to proper hosting such as Heroku or AWS.

There are so many aspects of this that would have to be solved (how to
limit, auth, etc.), so this is just testing the idea. What do you think?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/5c3a1e3a-65c5-431f-9cc5-f4c3215a3caf%40googlegroups.com.