Sure, i've just done something similar for this project:
http://nodeshot.readthedocs.org/en/latest/topics/install_development.html#how-to-setup-the-test-environment

The *keepdb* option allows to avoid recreating the test database at each
run, hence saving precious time.

If you want to speed up tests even more, tweak your local postgresql
configuration by setting these values:

# /etc/postgresql/9.1/main/postgresql.conf
# only for development!
fsync = off
synchronous_commit = off
full_page_writes = off

We just have to make sure people actually find this information via search
engines.

The best thing would be to have a subsection called "How to speed up tests
with Postgres" or something similar.

What do you think?

Federico

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/7c3c1b6c-68f5-4cf0-b2db-d5fa58a6930d%40googlegroups.com.