On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 5:43 PM, Tim Graham <timogra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It seems that django-contrib-comments has a moderation feature where you
> can specify a field on your model to control how comments are handled [2],
> so this was presumably used for that.

The field on FlatPage has been there since the beginning. The moderation
stuff in the comments app was added later (I originally wrote it as a
third-party app, and it got integrated into contrib.comments afterward).

As to removing the field from FlatPage, I'm ambivalent enough to be against
it just because removing it is too much effort. But if a stronger argument
can be made for getting rid of it, I could change my mind.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/CAL13Cg9iUQeUw5MFZ0BNvV8cnDqWXk93oKHHkAgbUR_A_ENwRA%40mail.gmail.com.