Hi Wim,

In my opinion, it is very safe and consistent to use password validation in
all instances and places. It definitely prevents people from using
admin/admin and markus/markus as a login, which sounds safe to me.

If you don't want that, you can change the validators depending on DEBUG in
your settings; or disable them in your local_settings. In addition, you can
change the password using the shell as you suggested.

I think using admin/admin or company/company at the development stage is quite a common and widely-used pattern. Making the developer use strong passwords or going through the hassle of deactivating password validators seems a bit too much waste of time for little or no gain to me.

I would even dare to say I'm totally against activated-by-default password validators. I think it should be a decision the developers take consciously, as it again adds just more overhead (which Django surely doesn't need).

--
unai

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/20150907153636.GB11490%40def.