On Saturday 07 November 2015 14:55:20 Aymeric Augustin wrote:

> Essentially your proposal means reformatting the current file-related
> settings to this structure:
>
> FILE_STORAGES = {
>     ‘media’: {
>         ‘BACKEND’: settings.DEFAULT_FILE_STORAGE,
>         ‘OPTIONS’: {
>              ‘location’: settings.MEDIA_ROOT,
>              ‘base_url’: settings.MEDIA_URL,
>              # possible override of settings.FILE_CHARSET
>         },
>     },
>     ‘static’: {
>         ‘BACKEND’: settings.STATICFILES_STORAGE,
>         ‘OPTIONS’: {
>              ‘location’: settings.STATIC_ROOT,
>              ‘base_url’: settings.STATIC_URL,
>              # replacement for STATICFILES_FINDERS and STATICFILES_DIRS
> that would look a lot like template loaders # possible override of
> settings.FILE_CHARSET
>         },
>
>     }
> }
>

> How do people feel about this alternative proposal?

This, in general, seems like the right thing to do. The only reservation I
have is that the 'OPTIONS' key seems superfluous -- why not put the options in
the same dictionary as the backend?

On a related point -- I wouldn't put base_url in there. It is related to files,
but not to their storage.

My 2KB,
        Shai.
  • Provid... Aymeric Augustin
    • R... Collin Anderson
    • R... charettes
    • R... charettes
    • R... James Aylett
    • R... Raphaël Barrois
      • ... 'Tom Evans' via Django developers (Contributions to Django itself)
      • ... Aymeric Augustin
        • ... Shai Berger
          • ... Sean Brant
    • R... Claude Paroz