On Thursday, December 17, 2015 at 5:50:39 PM UTC+1, Carl Meyer wrote:

> - I share Mark's concern about the performance (latency, specifically)
> implications for projects that want to keep deploying old-style, given
> all the new serialization that would now be in the request path.

It would be worth investigating more involved protocols like
https://capnproto.org/ and benchmark those in comparison to JSON. While
JSON is nice and good, I am not sure it is the perfect transport structure
for what we are trying to achieve (especially not for in memory transport).

Cheers,
Florian

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/e910e8c3-bbe5-4b51-ab3b-40903e6b935a%40googlegroups.com.