This ticket was closed as invalid:
https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/26159

{{{

Here comes a pull request to add a link to the djangopackages comparison
grid "Pagination".
Background: The pagination in django core is only very basic. Most people
want more. I think re-use helps more then re-inventing :-)
}}}

{{{
sergei-maertens

    Resolution set to invalid
    Status changed from new to closed

I don't think the docs are the appropriate place to point out alternatives.
I feel if Django starts going down that road, then you should do the same
not only for pagination, but for forms, views, other db adapters, other
template engines... I think it's a slippery slope.

While I think that djangopackages.com is a great resource, I'm not sure if
it (and no other resources) should be 'officially endorsed' by Django in
the docs.
}}}

I think a lot of time gets wasted by re-inventing stuff. Yes, programmers
love to program. But time have
changed. There are a lot of great re-usable apps and libraries and
programmers who wants to
get things done use them.

What do you think for *this* issue: the docs for pagination should point to
the comparison grid or not?

Regards,
  Thomas Güttler

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/ef2de7e2-d122-45f4-80d8-888a27722123%40googlegroups.com.