Hello,

Il 10/02/2016 00:25, Tim Graham ha scritto:
The introduction to the admin in the docs [0] reads:

    "One of the most powerful parts of Django is the automatic admin interface.
    It reads metadata in your model to provide a powerful and production-ready
    interface that content producers can immediately use to start adding content
    to the site."

I've proposed [1] changing it to:

    "One of the most powerful parts of Django is the automatic admin interface.
    It reads metadata from your models to provide a quick and rudimentary
    interface where trusted users can manage content on your site.

s/rudimentary/basic/ maybe? As a non native english speaker rudimentary does not sound positive.

    The admin has many hooks for customization but beware of trying to use those
    hooks exclusively. If your needs outgrow what the admin provides, it may be
    simpler to write your own views. The admin’s recommended use is as an
    organization’s internal management tool. It’s not intended for building your
    entire front end around."

To me that the intended use of the admin as internal management tools has been kinda obvious given it's accessible to user flagged as staff.

[snip]
I know there have been some proposals of "admin2" but realistically I think the
admin has too many customizations points such that superseding it with something
new and innovative won't be feasible from a backwards compatibility standpoint.

Wasn't the plan to revise these customizations points and thus probably breaking backwards compatibility anyway?

--
Riccardo Magliocchetti
@rmistaken

http://menodizero.it