Sven R. Kunze wrote:

> Good evening everybody. That's my first post here, so let's how this
> works. :)
>
> This particular discussion caught my sight as it might introduce something
> really "low-level" functionality into the template engine.

As far as I understand from

 https://github.com/django/django/pull/6442

it it deliberate that the if tag exposes the entire implementation detail.

That is, if the current if <operator> tests didn't exist today and they were
submitted, they would be rejected as unnecessary because the existing tests
are really just testing the python if operator behavior. That's what I
understand, but I might have misinterpreted something.

Thanks,

Steve.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/neopi5%242el%241%40ger.gmane.org.