On 05/16/2016 01:48 AM, Claude Paroz wrote:
> Le samedi 14 mai 2016 16:03:57 UTC+2, Tim Graham a écrit :
>
>     (...)
>
>     I guess it will affect every project that uses the admin. I can't
>     think of a simple solution other than adding a system check upgrade
>     warning to detect this situation ('django.contrib.admin' in
>     INSTALLED_APPS but not 'django.forms') and advise the user to add
>     'django.forms' to INSTALLED_APPS. Thoughts?
>

> I'm still answering with my naive hat: isn't it possible to simply
> always consider forms in django.forms without requiring anything new in
> INSTALLED_APPS? What would be the problem? (Sorry if I missed a
> discussion about that).

This is certainly possible, it's just (as Tim says) not clear where
exactly one would implement it without introducing an ugly bidirectional
coupling between forms and templates. It's one thing for form rendering
to now depend on templates, but for template engines (which currently
are configured explicitly and only know about the template directories
you tell them about) to also automatically and unconditionally know
about django.forms (even if you maybe aren't using forms at all -- maybe
you're using the template engine standalone for something else entirely)
doesn't seem right at all.

Carl

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/573AB437.6020607%40oddbird.net.