> The reason of removing two differenct ways of managing db schema is clear
> for me. I just do not understand removing the tool without providing decent
> replacement for it.  For example, CBV generics were replacement for FBV
> generics. There was an incompatibility in the interface, but the generic
> views functionality was saved. For "sql*" commands there is no replacement.

I see two reason for not replacing the sql* commands. Lack of interest
and lack of time.

There is a finite amount of time available from volunteer to work on
the project. This time is allocated according to what people want to
do and what is the best for most of the user. I hope.
If theses commands have been dropped, I believe it means they were not
needed by most of the user and they could not be kept without a
non-trivial amount of work.

--

Cordialement, Coues Ludovic
+336 148 743 42