On Friday, January 1, 2016 at 11:48:24 PM UTC-5, Doug Epling wrote:

> Hey Tim --
>
> Basically, we need data.  My recommendation involves two separate
> initiatives.
>
> First is, has been, a discussion open for spectators but limited
> participants to core members.  Asside from its subject pertaining current
> state and future path, all other details are above my pay grade.

Actually, whatever on that first point.

But on this second point it entirely not necessary.  Django has all the
feedback in textual form that it would ever need for some user analysis.  I
did not realize the extent of the IRC logs.  This body of text is a
treasure chest.  And Django should be mining it for all it is worth.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/facc1359-7ec6-4683-b5f4-eeeabbc29e20%40googlegroups.com.