Le vendredi 24 août 2018 11:35:43 UTC+2, Jamesie Pic a écrit :

> Thank for your feedback.
>
> It's the eternal misunderstanding of django's pattern, confusion between
> table, and model, model is de factores what couples table and form, I've
> posted articles about it already. I call this the elephant in the room but
> if I'm the only one to see it it means it's my mistake.

It is not (your mistake). I understand your proposal as an extension of the
Field.formfield() API to the model level. I already wished that
functionality in several of my projects, to define some sort of canonical
form used for some model throughout Django. However, the current
formfield() API showed some weaknesses (didn't search, but I know there
were discussion on this list about this). So the whole tying between models
and forms would benefit for a large-scale refactoring, probably following
some registration pattern. If I had unlimited time, that's something I
would have tried to tackle.

Sorry, that doesn't help much.

Claude

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/984332c6-a27a-4f7e-a7db-c16cf45a0740%40googlegroups.com.