For what it's worth, I agree. I think we should consider using GitHub
issues. I don't think there's anything in Trac, from a user perspective,
that we couldn't really do with Issues. The main issue, I think, would be
allowing non-committers (organisational members) to triage tickets and
change the ticket status.

But I don't have the time to plan or champion a change like that through
these days, so while I'd like to see it happen, I'm not the person to push
for it to happen.

Jamesie: please see "Why not Gitlab?" [0]. While it might be better from a
technical standpoint, it would not be better than GH Issues from an
onboarding perspective.

[0]https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0581/#why-not-gitlab

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/393625cf-3edb-41f3-b208-2b3f22cabd49%40googlegroups.com.