Hi all,

As per the DEP process, I have merged DEP 8, Formatting Code With Black,
into the DEP repo as a draft. This doesn't mean it's decided yet - any DEP
that meets quality requirements gets merged as a draft - but it means that
we're one step closer to doing so.

What follows is further discussion until it is either revised, withdrawn,
or the author thinks they have enough feedback to put it to the technical
board.

I will draw attention to the following part of DEP 1:

"However, wherever possible, long open-ended discussions on public mailing
lists should be avoided. Strategies to keep the discussions efficient
include: setting up a separate mailing list for the topic, having the DEP
author accept private comments in the early design phases, setting up a
wiki page, etc. DEP authors should use their discretion here"

Given this thread is now over 100 replies long, we might want to consider a
better avenue for constructive feedback.

Andrew

On Tue, Apr 30, 2019 at 12:31 PM Christian González <
christian.gonza...@nerdocs.at> wrote:

> Am 30.04.19 um 14:28 schrieb 'Laurens A. Bosscher' via Django developers
> (Contributions to Django itself):
> > The Chrome team fixed this issue with
> > git-hyper-blame:
> https://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/chrome-infra-docs/flat/depot_tools/docs/html/git-hyper-blame.html
> >

> > That could be a solution that would work for Django. IDE support for
> > git-hyper-blame is lacking (at the moment) but might improve in the
> > future.
>
> I made a feature request for git itself, and they told me this is
> already in the works *within* git dev:
>
> https://public-inbox.org/git/20190410162409.117264-1-b...@google.com/
>
> So on the long run, no need for git-hyper-blame.
>
> Christian
>
> --
> Dr. Christian González
> https://nerdocs.at

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/74e4842c-24fa-6055-2b1e-d70b42153b69%40nerdocs.at
> .

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/CAFwN1uq0AEP4wL0%3D1xQOF%2BWBVQfGgU5Zfz0V5BurVCbyMeOA3Q%40mail.gmail.com.
    • ... Alexander Hill
      • ... Aymeric Augustin
      • ... Carlton Gibson
        • ... Paveł Tyślacki
        • ... 'Laurens A. Bosscher' via Django developers (Contributions to Django itself)
          • ... J. Pic
          • ... Christian González
            • ... Aymeric Augustin
              • ... jacob . rief