Hi Christian,

Welcome to the django developers list. I have had a quick look over GDAPS
and have some comments and questions back for you:

* Your “homepage” link on PyPI is example.com. The usual thing to do here
is link to your source host or docs. Set this as url in your setup.py.
* I see you list pretix as an inspiration - did you see Raphael have a talk
at Djangocon Europe in April on this? https://youtu.be/QbitxAEEZjI It may
be old news to you though if you’re familiar
* GPL can make your project hard to use, because depending on the lawyers
it can be interpreted as having to make the website source code public. In
the one dependency audit I went through, GPL and AGPL were disallowed and
we had to strip a dependency or two because of this.
* What do you think are the implications for Django core? Is there anything
Django could do better to support this and all the other plugin systems
you’ve looked at? Also I’m totally sure you can contribute, it’s not scary
and there is a lot of information on getting started! See
https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/internals/contributing/

Thanks,

Adam

On Sat, 15 Jun 2019 at 17:14, Christian González <
christian.gonza...@nerdocs.at> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> sorry, I never managed to introduce myself properly to this mailing
> list. Christian Gonzalez, more or less hobby programmer, MD as day job.
> I maybe never will add something substantial to Django core itself, but
> ATM "scratching my own itch" here:
>
> Just wanted to say that I finished "Alpha state" for GDAPS - my "Generic
> Django Apps Plugin System" which is an "enhancement" of Django's app
> system, enabling Django to create "pluggable", extendable applications
> with ease.
>
> Just have a look at https://pypi.org/project/gdaps/
>
> Thoughts, criticism welcome.
>
> Christian