I have to say, having settings as Python code is one of the features of
Django for me.  Being able to calculate settings values, take advantage of
Python’s module/class parsing, and so on all make settings more than just a
set of dictionary values.  I think we would lose a bit of functionality if
we chose to reduce them to something that YAML or its ilk knows how to
express.