Hi Petr

I too often end up managing some database objects like triggers, normally
in order to support database migrations. I have always been happy using
RawSQL migration operations though.

What types of database objects are you mostly using? And how?

I think django-migrate-sql is a neat idea, but since it requires full
authorship of the SQL it doesn't provide the most ORM-like experience. It's
also not backend agnostic, which is something preferable for anything we
add to Django. I'd be more interested in implementing classes that
represent the underlying object type, like Models represent tables, and
translating changes to them into migration operations.

Thanks,

Adam

--
Adam