Le mardi 28 juillet 2020 08:31:51 UTC+2, Aymeric Augustin a écrit :

> - We should focus this on usernames and ignore IP addresses, as most sites
> are behind a reverse proxy of some kind and no one handles X-Forwarded-For
> headers right (even Heroku doesn't care — when I reported they were
> vulnerable to XFF injection, their security team [or, more accurately,
> their subcontractors] didn't understand the report, even after several
> rounds of explanation and a working proof of concept)

What if we consider REMOTE_ADDR? In the worst case, it is not filled or
filled with the same proxy address for all requests and we found ourselves
in the same case where it is not considered at all. In the best case, it is
properly filled and then the user is getting a bit better DOS protection.
Am I missing something?

Claude