By the way, while reviewing the SecurityMiddleware, I would suggest that
the redirection part be moved to a different middleware.
http to https redirection should preferably be done at the Web server
level, and for those doing that properly, they still pay for the unneeded
(albeit small) overhead of the `SecurityMiddleware.process_request`.

> 3. For new headers I think we could add a setting called e.g. ADD_HEADERS
- a dict of keys to values that
> CommonMiddleware (or similar) could add to outgoing responses' headers.

+1 to that proposal.

Claude

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/3da2e385-551e-4905-83e8-7f2b99896f18o%40googlegroups.com.
  • Reth... Carlton Gibson
    • ... Sci Mithilesh
      • ... Adam Johnson
    • ... Claude Paroz
      • ... Adam Johnson
        • ... 'Megan Huber' via Django developers (Contributions to Django itself)
          • ... James Bennett
            • ... Adam Johnson
              • ... Tim Graham
                • ... Adam Johnson