I think Redhat realized that they have old versions and this is not going
to fly well during the lifetime of their system. This is why they
introduced modules in v8 and strongly pushing podman. That said, it is a
major hurdle for many companies if upstream drops support for $x (be that
in python, php or whatever). I think this is also one of the reasons why
containers are so popular. But do we really want to push users that much
towards containers? Are there any big Django users our there that provide
RPM packages and could give us some insights?

Cheers,
Florian