Thank you everyone for your inputs! I don't know how you all are using the
quote feature, so I will address you all by your names.

   - *Jacob*: Thank you for your support! The ticket you linked to is very
   helpful. It is upside of 5 years old. *pytest *has evolved a lot over
   that time, as has django itself. The points raised in the ticket itself are
   still valid 5 years later and as django is a mature project now, some of
   its development prowess must go to specifically fixing its weaknesses (I
   believe the default runner is one). That being said, I also opened another
   ticket on the same website today about this. Should I close that and bump
   the one you linked instead?
   - *Tobias*: I understand most of the issues raised are personal
   preferences. However these preferences have been cultivated by the django
   community itself, so it would be safe to assume that a lot of django users
   would have the same preferences. There is no harm in making these
   preferences official (by including them in the official docs). Once people
   have a common convention to follow, they will only appreciate it because it
   makes their lives easier. *pytest *indeed does a lot of magic behind the
   scenes but I intend to demystify this by writing extensive documentation in
   the *Advanced Testing *Topics page in the django docs. As for the *subTest
   *method, I admit to not having done enough research about it and it is
   completely new to me. However, since its not in common usage, we can safely
   assume that people don't like using it, don't you agree?
   - *Tom*: Totally agree with everything you said! Especially being able
   to write more "pythonic" code with *pytest*. Even though our definitions
   of pythonic might be different, I would boldly suggest that functional
   testing, which *pytest *prefers, looks much more beautiful and readable
   than unittest's. class based ones.
   - *René: *Though the option exists, I would humbly argue that its much
   easier to invoke *pytest *than it is to invoke *python manage.py test*.
   Most of my focus would be on improving the docs, along with a few changes
   to code-base itself to make pytest the default and generate a sane
   *pytest.ini*. On further thought, we can completely remove *pytest.ini *and
   instead do all configuration from *settings.py *itself. Though
*pytest-django
   *exists, I feel that it can be very unforgiving to users who are
   completely new to testing (I was one not long ago). It doesn't work right
   out of the box. I sincerely believe this must and should be worked upon.

Thank you everyone for your inputs and I would love to hear some more
feedback. Also if anyone could teach me how to use the quote function, I
would highly appreciate it.

Best
Diptesh