Hi,
I opened the ticket https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/3575. In this
ticket, I wanted to prove the effect of UPPER function used in icontains
operator on indexes and query result. UPPER function causes performance
problems regarding indexing in PostgreSQL. Another issue is that it does
not give correct results especially for Turkish characters.

Database administrators do not want to add individual indexes in this
regard. Because adding more than one index to the same column in full text
search will negatively affect cost and performance.

An expression index should be created to prevent performance loss in
database queries to be used outside the framework. However, the existence
of such an index should be notified to everyone who uses this database, and
the use of "UPPER (name) ilike '% AA%" instead of "ilike" should be
encouraged. This will cause PostgreSQL to block the "ilike" operator.

If you give the necessary approval in this regard, I want to open a pull
request for the field specified on the ticket.

Thanks.