Hello, I am Girish Sontakke from India. I am willing to start contributing
to Django through GSOC 2021. I have gone through the Idea List available on
the Django wiki page for GSOC
<https://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/SummerOfCode2021> and select the
project of adding Redis Cache Backend To Django Core. For this, I have
explored the django.core.cache
<https://github.com/django/django/tree/main/django/core/cache> section of
the framework and take some Ideas for Django's Cache Framework
<https://github.com/django/django/tree/main/django/core/cache> from the
documentation available at djangoprojects.com.
There are some caching backends already available in the django core but
Redis being one the popular caching engines, there should be the
implementation of Redis Backend in the core django package.  There are some
Greate packages out there for integrating Redis into Django such as
django-redis <https://github.com/jazzband/django-redis> and
django-redis-cache <https://github.com/sebleier/django-redis-cache>, still,
there is a need for inner Redis Backend in django.
For this I am writing a proposal here
<https://gist.github.com/girishsontakke/95888bf3647bcc7bec8cc689f853df69>.
I request all of the fellow developers and mentors to give some suggestions
for this Idea and share your views on this project.

With Regards,
Girish Sontakke.