cache coherence can be a problem, but I am thinking more about what happens
when the cache, which is supposed to make things faster, is not available
due to error.  Django ends up waiting for it.  Each request waits for the
cache, and this is a hard problem because there is no common shared place
to write that the cache is down.  However, introducing anything like that
introduces problems also with cache coherence.