Basically when I try to exclude all members that have cancelled standing
from all the poems it breaks and includes all Poems no matter if the member
was cancelled.

You can remove the order_by and reverse clauses on the poems_created and
the list shows fine, yet when I add a order_by it has no effect. And when I
add the reverse it does as previously explained, shows all poems no matter
if the member was cancelled.

Member has lets say two fields, a User pk and a standing; a Poem has
created by and a Title with a submitter relating to the User pk.

Here is the sample code:

members_cancelled =
Member.objects.exclude(standing=settings.MEMBER_STANDING_CANCELLED).values_list('pk',

flat=True)
poems_created = Poem.objects.exclude(submitter__in=list(members_cancelled),
hidden=True).order_by('created').reverse()

Thanks in advance in you've got this far.

Nate