On Wed, 12 May 2021 at 18:40, 'Mike Lissner' via Django developers
(Contributions to Django itself) <django-developers@googlegroups.com>
wrote:
> Oh, I guess there's also a step in the manual process to reset the migrations
> table in the DB, but I don't know how to do that. Tricky stuff!

I've made a management command for that: resetmigrationhistory, which
nukes just the migrations of *my* apps. Then I run migrate --fake
manually afterwards.

I squash as part of any major release (semver). Rewrite them a lot by
hand to get rid of any datamigrations and have lots of extra
mini-releseas to make sure everything works etc.

There's https://github.com/kingbuzzman/django-squash, which I have
considered using, their "elidable" concept is very good.

HM

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/CACQ%3DrreMp%2Bp%3D0FLVwoExv%3D8FB03Yo5NQg5Y0Oz2ev12QTbSBCQ%40mail.gmail.com.
  • Do ... 'Mike Lissner' via Django developers (Contributions to Django itself)
    • ... Matthew Pava
      • ... Kye Russell
        • ... Andrew Godwin
          • ... 'Mike Lissner' via Django developers (Contributions to Django itself)
            • ... 'Mike Lissner' via Django developers (Contributions to Django itself)
              • ... Ryan Hiebert
              • ... Hanne Moa
            • ... RenĂ© Fleschenberg
              • ... 'Mike Lissner' via Django developers (Contributions to Django itself)
            • ... Shai Berger
    • ... Raffaele Salmaso
    • ... Benny