Hi Carlton,

thanks for your reply!

I tried as you suggested with the stable/4.1.x branch, but the issue reported
in #33904 persists.
My JavaScript skills are limited, but I also cannot see any relationship
between the changes in
https://github.com/django/django/commit/82e9e19ebe6bc920f1cfffc42d86648644fd4a78
 and the problem with the Many-to-many fields with JavaScript filters.
I'll reopen #33904 in a moment.

Best regards,
Carsten