Hi Jon.

There's: https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/31949 "Allow builtin view
decorators to be applied directly to async views."
I think this is likely the next step.

There's a PR for that, which I think took a too complex approach (see
discussion). A simpler (more inline) take be good to see.

> My personal interest in this is about django.contrib.auth (login,
authenticate, etc.)

This was missing from the PR on #31949, so if you wanted to pick it up... 😜

(Not sure about the value of rewriting the built-in views though if that's
what you're thinking of 🤔)

> ...and django.contrib.syndication (views.Feed)

Not sure what you have in mind here. Perhaps explaining that in more detail
would help?
(I'm not immediately sure I see the benefit of async for the feed views? 🤔)

Kind Regards,

Carlton