If someone uses two or more instances of the Django Admin interface,
the sidebar on the right containing the "Recent actions", shares the same
information for all instances of the Django Admin interface.
This is because the model LogEntry is a singleton and shared across all
instances of the Django Admin interface.
As a consequence this may be confusing to some users, since they might
expect that the log entries are bound to the current user interface.

I had a look at the code and although it is possible to create separate
entries
for those logs, this is really complicated and requires a lot of work.
Therefore
I wanted to ask, if it would make sense to allow each instance of a Django
Admin to specify its own model used to log entries? The default would of
course be to fall back on the current behaviour.

I have some ideas on how to achieve this. An instantiation
of a Django Admin could specify its own model similar to LogEntry
which itself should inherit from a class named AbstractLogEntry (which
doesn't yet exist). This would also allow integrators to extend this class
with
additional columns for extra log entries.

– Jacob

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/38c055d3-58ef-4a73-9784-be6877e31b2cn%40googlegroups.com.
  • Mul... Jacob Rief
    • ... Carlton Gibson
      • ... Jacob Rief
        • ... Carlton Gibson
          • ... Jacob Rief
            • ... Carlton Gibson
              • ... 'Adam Johnson' via Django developers (Contributions to Django itself)
                • ... Jacob Rief