Hi Carlton,

As I understand it, separate admin sites may register different models, but
I'm only going to see the History for instances that are visible to the
current admin no?

The Django admin interface uses a templatetag named get_admin_log. It
renders the content of all entries of model LogEntry filtered by the
current user.
Check here for
details:
https://github.com/django/django/blob/34b328814976a2e2f7907361a494202763649f3f/django/contrib/admin/templatetags/log.py#L14
If you instantiate more than one Django-Admin interface, the logged in user
therefore sees all his actions, regardless of the chosen admin instance.

My proposal would be to add another column to LogLevel containing the name
of the admin interface. That column then shall be used as an additional
filter.
It should also be possible to swap that model against a compatible
implementation, for instance if someone separates the admin interface
because he also
separated the underlying databases.

Maybe you mean the Recent actions > My actions bit of the index page? (I
didn't check but, if not already, could that list be filtered by the
content type of registered models for the current admin? 🤔)

Yes, that's what I wrote and intended.

– Jacob

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/bfcd58e8-bbf1-42bc-a7dc-25a788e47b1en%40googlegroups.com.
  • Mul... Jacob Rief
    • ... Carlton Gibson
      • ... Jacob Rief
        • ... Carlton Gibson
          • ... Jacob Rief
            • ... Carlton Gibson
              • ... 'Adam Johnson' via Django developers (Contributions to Django itself)
                • ... Jacob Rief