Hi, I am using DRF JWT (
https://jpadilla.github.io/django-rest-framework-jwt/) and as part of the
authentication process (receiving / verifying the token), I also need to
send the token to another endpoint (provided by the authentication service)
to obtain additional user information.

I have a JWT_PAYLOAD_GET_USERNAME_HANDLER which would be the logical place
to get the additional information, however that handler only receives the
token's payload, but not the token itself.

I thought I could make this additional request in JWT_DECODE_HANDLER but I
wasn't sure if there were any checks after the decode that I wouldn't want
to bypass.

Does anyone know how I can implement this so that once the token is
verified and the user is considered authenticated, I can send another
request using the access token ?

TIA