hi,

i'm very new to django (basically a few days) and have read almost all the docs, wikis and mailing list archives (well the topics which interest me at least). I have a few questions I was hoping anyone on the list could help me with concerning customizing the behaviour of the admin interface.

1. Are there hooks to manipulate the data before its sent to the template for rendering (on both list and edit screens) ? 2. Are there hooks to manipulate the data after its submitted before saving to the database. 3. I know that you can customize most of the admin templates but can you customize the admin templatetag templates (apologies for the double post regarding this point in my other thread). 4. Can we change the template {{ variable }} to something like ${variable} I don't mind the {% %} but {%starttag%}{{var}}{%endtag%}...... 5. Can we assume that thirdy party template libraries will never be able to reuse any of the admin templates unless someone re codes them in the third part template.

Thank you for reading if you've made it thus far....and I love django by the way from what I have seen. I may be new to django but I am old to web frameworks in general and django aligns most nicely with the way I think, and that is the most important thing to me because I don't have to twist my brain to understand it.

regards,

Huy Do