On Sunday 01 Jan 2006 12:09 am, Michael Hipp wrote:
> I'm hoping to convince my current hosting provider (zipa.com) to
> support Django. (Switching providers would be a pain right now.)
> What would I tell them I need?
>
> apache
> mod_python
> psycopg
> postgresql (or mysql) (1 database?)

using apache2+mod_python is practically impossible without root
access. I use zettai.net - their core hosting plan gives me root
access, so i can do practically anything i want except setup
databases, pick up dns and set up mail - all of which they do
almost immediatly on request. (i am not an employee of zettai and
dont get commission for recomending them)

--
regards
kg

http://www.livejournal.com/users/lawgon