On 1/30/06, Jan Rademaker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> What is save to use __repr__ ?
>
> I've found out that I shoud use self.get_someForeignKey().someThing()
> instead of self.someForeignKey.someThing(), but what about date fields
> and such?
>
> Because, when I use self.someDateField in __repr__ django crashes the
> moment _add_ a new object (using admin).

This isn't a Django problem; it's a basic Python rule that any
__repr__() method must return a string. For that reason, you should
make sure that __repr__() returns a string, not an object instance or
(in the case of date fields) a datetime object.

Adrian

--
Adrian Holovaty
holovaty.com | djangoproject.com | chicagocrime.org