Colleen Owens wrote:
>>There is a simple way to create special admin templates for one object.
>>See
>>http://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/NewAdminChanges#Adminconvertedtoseparatetemplates
>>
>>HTH,
>>Edgars
>

> Thanks for the link, I hadn't seen this before. I basically derived the
> same solution on my own, except that I added a new section of the
> change_form template that could be overridden.

Did you read the line:

Inline editing can be customised. rather than using
edit_inline=meta.TABULAR or meta.SOURCE, you can define a custom inline
editing mode. This is done by subclassing BoundRelatedObject?, and using
that class. eg edit_inline=HorizontalScroller?.

You can look at the implemention of TabularBoundRelatedObject to see how
to do it. Basically, override the template_name() method IIRC.