On Feb 28, 2006, at 7:49 AM, ZebZiggle wrote:
> Sorry, but I don't think Django will work in anything but a single user
> environment, or multi-users only doing read-only access. Unless someone
> from the Django team can clarify.

I'd be glad to:

I have three web servers hitting the same database server.  Some
content is shared; some is not.  It works perfectly.

I really don't know what else to say about this; you've complained that
you're having problems, but I don't see any details of what those
problems are, and I've never experienced any of them in practice.

In your example::

        obj1 = objects.get_object(pk=1)
        obj2 = objects.get_object(pk=1)
        obj1.data = 1
        obj1.save()

Of *course* you'd expect that obj2.data != obj1.data -- Django's not
going to be able to hide the fact that you're using a database from you
(nor should it).

If this is actually a problem for you -- and not just a theoretical one
-- please give me more details so I don't have to assume that this is
just FUD.

Jacob