On 2/24/06, hsitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Back in middle of last year Adrian Holovaty posted some very helpful
> information on how to get the raw output of admin templates for use as
> basis for your own views.  I'm a newbie trying to get my head around
> Django, and it seems the code has been refactored since then.  Is it a
> simple matter to reenable this in latest version?

Hi Herbert,

Yes, the admin code was refactored between 0.90 and 0.91. The
fundamental change was to put the template-generation logic in actual
*template* files rather than generating the template in the memory.
This makes it easier to override particular sections of admin code, at
the cost of being way more abstract and harder to understand. You can
poke around the templates in django/contrib/admin/templates/admin.

Adrian

--
Adrian Holovaty
holovaty.com | djangoproject.com