On Fri, Mar 03, 2006 at 03:02:32PM -0600, James Bennett wrote:
> Take a look at the comments app distributed with Django
> (django.contrib.comments), which has a rating system built in to it.

Thanks, but it seems to me that it does a user voting (one up, or one
down) rather than "I give this a 3 star rating".  This voting scheme
generates an int value that can easily be ordered_by, but I don't think
it's a user-friendly as, e.g., a five star rating.

I'm looking for a scheme by which each user can rate each thing on,
e.g., a scale of 1-5 stars and then be able to say "show me the top
ten user rated things", and when displaying each thing to show the
current average number of stars for that thing.

--
Glenn