wizeman wrote:

> I think one of the big advantages is the static typing feature. It's
> great, because if you change a variable or method name (or type) in one
> of your classes, and forget to change the method calls in other
> classes, the error(s) would be caught at compile-time instead of
> run-time.
>
> What do you think about this?
> It would be a great undertaking, but it would be awesome :)

One problem is going to be the Python Standard Library and bridge
libraries to system-specific and 3rd-party features (e.g., web servers,
databases), unless Boo solved it already. In general this is the problem
for all esoteric languages irrespective of how cool they are. Another
thing to consider is the payback of such transition. Unless you have
some mission critical CPU constrained web applications, it doesn't worth it.

Thanks,

Eugene