On 4/12/06, Glenn Tenney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 3. Rails supports and integrates well with Ajax.  I know that this is
> "coming" for Django... sometime "real soon now"... how's it going?
> When might it be out?

AFAIK, Rails tries to abstract away the generated JS, and in doing so
makes code that doesn't degrade well.  I hope Django does better than
that.

> 4. Rails has built-in unit and functional testing support.  I don't
> know, but I'd venture a guess that few Rails apps actually USE the
> built-in testing capabilities, but it *IS* very nice... Is there
> anything like that planned for Django?

Most of core dj has doctests, but other than creating a rake driver
script and scripts directory, I don't know enough about what Rails
does.  I only made it about halfway thru the Agile Rails book...

> 5. Rails has a book or two already out there -- and already out of
> sync with the version of Rails recently released.  Django's book is
> "in the pipeline" but I doubt it'll be out until 0.92 gets released.

I may be overruled, but I doubt it'll be out much sooner than 1.0...