On Sun, Apr 23, 2006 at 03:14:15PM -0500, Adrian Holovaty wrote:
> Default values aren't created at the SQL level -- they're enforced at
> the Django DB-API level.

I thought that was only enforced by the admin functionality and that
if I wanted a default value for my views I'd have to write it myself
into the model or view.

I found it unclear to me which field settings were enforced by the
admin functionaility, the DB-API, or the SQL DB level.  This should be
made VERY clear in the docs, and when within the DB-API it should also
be crystal clear when/how to override either that functionality or the
method within which that enforcement is done (and then, when
overriding those methods how to invoke the parent's methods too).

--
Glenn