On 5/3/06, falcon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I just started looking at Django, looks very interesting.  However,
> couldn't models be defined in the admin page, rather than in python
> code?  In fact, is there a reason why we couldn't download django, run
> the embedded web server, go to the admin page and do every thing there
> (except templates)?

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'd personally be against it mostly
because (the difficulty of building something like that
notwithstanding) I think it would encourage a lot of bad usage habits
and bad development practices.

> I looked into django/contrib/admin/models.py, I expected to find models
> for groups, users, sites, etc....but all I found was "class
> LogEntry(models.Model):."  In other words I probably won't be able to
> make my suggested changes myself :) (I'm not only a django newbie but
> also a python newbie).

The user and group models are in django/contrib/auth/models.py, sites
in django/contrib/sites/models.py. The admin app draws on those and
adds logging and a pretty interface.

--
"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
  -- George Carlin