"Joseph Kocherhans" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Yeah, it hasn't been implemented yet. I'd be (pleasantly) surprised to
> see it finished before the end of the summer. Your best bet is to use
> ForeignKey and/or OneToOneField. It's probably not exactly what you
> want, but it should work. Note that the semantics of OneToOneField are
> going to change by the time inheritence is implemented, so you may
> want to use ForeignKey instead.

This is kind of painful for me, since one of my projects depends on
overriding auth.User (to do ldap authentication).  I've been putting
off my update to MR in order to think about what I want to do about
this.

It seems like for now my main options are to implement my own
authentication scheme that doesn't integrate fully with Django's and
which doesn't work with the auth pages (not _terribly_ important for
this particular project), or to monkeypatch auth.User anywhere it
might be used (evil).  Is that true, or is there something that I'm
missing?

Does it make more sense to base this project on the Floating Sargasso
branch, or to take one of those desperate measures?