> Still the same error... maybe this is an indication that my svn install
> didn't work as I thought it did.  If I do have teh dev build of django,
> where would I find it?

That error is definitely related to the egg though. The newest dev
version isn't available as an egg. You would get something more like
"can't import module django" if it *just* couldn't find the dev
version.

As far as where it is installed goes, where are the directions you
followed? It should involve an svn checkout, which you can really put
wherever you want. (You just need to make sure to add that location to
your PYTHONPATH environment variable.)

What does your easy-install.pth look like now?

Joseph