On May 18, 2006, at 3:22 PM, Jeremy Dunck wrote:

> Also, I tried to repro this issue, but I can't find a 2.3 Django egg
> for download (as in the initial Django-0.91-py2.3.egg ).

Mac OS X python installs have some sort of weird thing going on.

I originally downloaded 0.91 and ran setup.py (or was it
easy_install.py?). Anyway, when it was finished, the install
*created* an egg at /Library/Python/2.3/site-packages/ (named as
above). I ended up moving the django folder inside the egg up one
level and editted the .pth file so it would find it correctly (I'm a
fan of "clean" folder names as well as urls).

I searched all over the MacPython sig but could never find out the
correct way to install modules cleanly in Python.

Don